Welcome to Watrous Valley Ranch

Welcome to
Watrous Valley Ranch

Watrous Valley Ranch, located in Mora and San Miguel Counties, New Mexico, is comprised of the original Watrous House, an adobe compound built by Samuel Watrous circa 1841 to be his home and store, and the parts of the old original New Mexico land grant given to Samuel Watrous and partners. Watrous Valley Ranch currently encompasses the restored Watrous House, 5.0 miles of Mora River frontage and 40,000 acres of land that has sustained cattle and horses in the valley since the Santa Fe Trail began in the 1830’s. In 2002, the current owners assembled the old Watrous holdings and combined those with the Phillips Ranch (link to target about Phillips Ranch below) located further down the Mora River to form what is known today as Watrous Valley Ranch.